Weblogic 8.1 ZipException during deploy

This keeps happening from time to time while doing a deploy. After some trail and error, this seems to fix the problem:

Go to weblogic console and delete the app. Then try the build. Also you can try using redeploy task instead of deploy task, see if that makes any difference. Got the ‘delete app’ idea from here http://objectmix.com/weblogic/508666-zipexception-while-deploying-exploded-ear.html  .  Here is the stack trace I got while deploying:


tar,Type=ApplicationConfig on server myserver. [Management:140002]InvocationTargetException occurred while setting attribute Deployed on MBean mydomain:Location
=myserver,Name=mysupermanapp,Type=ApplicationConfig to value true. Method: public void weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.Application.setDeployed(boolean) throws w
eblogic.management.DeploymentException,weblogic.management.UndeploymentException.
weblogic.management.DeploymentException: [HTTP:101062][ServletContext(id=4562683,name=,context-path=/)] Error reading Web application "C:\bea\user_projects\doma
ins\beacon\applications\mysupermanapp\mysupermanapp.war".
java.util.zip.ZipException: Access is denied
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(ZipFile.java:111)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.(JarFile.java:127)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.(JarFile.java:65)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.getDescriptorLoader(WebAppServletContext.java:1447)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.(WebAppServletContext.java:494)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.loadWebApp(HttpServer.java:621)
at weblogic.j2ee.WebAppComponent.deploy(WebAppComponent.java:121)
at weblogic.j2ee.Application.deploy(Application.java:445)
at weblogic.j2ee.J2EEService.deployApplication(J2EEService.java:241)
at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.Application.setLocalDeployed(Application.java:2959)
at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.Application.setDeployed(Application.java:2877)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor47.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invokeSetter(DynamicMBeanImpl.java:1662)
at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.setAttribute(DynamicMBeanImpl.java:1109)
at weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.setAttribute(ConfigurationMBeanImpl.java:372)
at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.setAttribute(MBeanServerImpl.java:1358)
at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.setAttribute(MBeanServerImpl.java:1333)
at weblogic.management.internal.RemoteMBeanServerImpl.private_setAttribute(RemoteMBeanServerImpl.java:431)
at weblogic.management.internal.RemoteMBeanServerImpl.setAttribute(RemoteMBeanServerImpl.java:387)
at weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.updateConfigMBeans(ConfigurationMBeanImpl.java:982)
at weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.setAttribute(ConfigurationMBeanImpl.java:375)
at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.setAttribute(MBeanServerImpl.java:1358)
at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.setAttribute(MBeanServerImpl.java:1333)
at weblogic.management.internal.RemoteMBeanServerImpl.private_setAttribute(RemoteMBeanServerImpl.java:431)
at weblogic.management.internal.RemoteMBeanServerImpl.setAttribute(RemoteMBeanServerImpl.java:387)
at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.setAttribute(MBeanProxy.java:735)
at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invokeForCachingStub(MBeanProxy.java:469)
at weblogic.management.configuration.ApplicationMBean_Stub.setDeployed(ApplicationMBean_Stub.java:408)
at weblogic.management.deploy.DeploymentTaskRuntime.oldActivate(DeploymentTaskRuntime.java:1774)
at weblogic.management.deploy.DeploymentTaskRuntime.oldStart(DeploymentTaskRuntime.java:1675)
at weblogic.management.deploy.DeploymentTaskRuntime.start(DeploymentTaskRuntime.java:620)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invokeLocally(DynamicMBeanImpl.java:755)
at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invoke(DynamicMBeanImpl.java:734)
at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1557)
at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1525)
at weblogic.management.internal.RemoteMBeanServerImpl.private_invoke(RemoteMBeanServerImpl.java:990)
at weblogic.management.internal.RemoteMBeanServerImpl.invoke(RemoteMBeanServerImpl.java:948)
at weblogic.management.internal.RemoteMBeanServerImpl_WLSkel.invoke(Unknown Source)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.invoke(BasicServerRef.java:491)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef$1.run(BasicServerRef.java:434)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:363)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:147)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.handleRequest(BasicServerRef.java:429)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicExecuteRequest.execute(BasicExecuteRequest.java:35)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:224)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:183)

Advertisements

Subclipse proxy issues

I was having proxy issues with subclipse ( subversion plugin for eclipse) after the network team switched the proxy address. Turns out, subclipse doesn’t use the proxy provided by eclipse. I had changed the proxy setting through tortoise svn. I didn’t have any proxy issues after that.